Monday, December 16, 2019

Removable Apartments

We took advantage of the nice weather yesterday and worked a bit more on the rabbitry! It reached 82 degrees! Today’s high expected will be 30 degrees lower - in the 50's with lows in the mid 20's for the next few days. It’s Texas. It’s all good.

But we could use a bunch of rain!

I’ve mentioned before how heavy just the rabbitry’s frame turned out to be. It’s why for the inside parts I’m building in removable sections. I’m labeling everything A B or C. Once the frame is in place out in the yard, I will screw it all together.

The two ends have “apartments” for the does (A and C). The bachelor pad in the center will simply need/have a door.



You can see here how the apartments will slide in place. I need to figure out how to build the doors, then wire the sides and top and front with the 1" x 2" fencing. Before putting the apartments in place I will stretch out and staple the  ½" hardware cloth for all three floors. I pray treating it as one unit will work out okay.

I need to make a list of what happens next and so on!

I love lists!


No comments:

Post a Comment